Monday 11 May 2009

Download Material Science Lecture Notes

In my list below are the lecture notes for materials science.  Unfortunately it is not a complete list as I can't find some of my files.  I'm hoping I would find the missing files soon as I dread having to do it all over again!  If that be the case it might take some time to get the missing notes online.

To download click on the individual titles below and remember to make copies for the lectures.

  1. Introduction

  2. Atomic Structures and Bonding Part 1

  3. Atomic Structures and Bonding Part 2

  4. Atomic Structures and Bonding Tutorial

  5. Crystalline Structure

  6. Defects in Solids

  7. Diffusion

  8. Mechanical Properties

  9. Material Failure

  10. Phase Diagrams

  11. Engineering Alloys

  12. Polymers

  13. Corrosion

  14. Non Destructive Testing


These notes are highly based on your recommended textbooks.  You are encouraged to refer to these books to gain higher understanding of the topics discussed.

Yajeta Jagadiswari

9 comments:

  1. Bh.Mahasenadhipathi Rao5 June 2010 at 01:44

    Thank you very much
    Very usefule information.

    Yours truly
    BMRAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir,
    I am teaching subject Materials Science, Machine Design.
    In order to teach in better way, I need these lecture notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the good work you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like have similar notes for Heat treatment of plain carbon steels manufacturing processes and forming process. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for these notes

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's very nice.....................thanks

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to place your comments or ask a question.